sexta-feira, 28 de outubro de 2011

Growing Old.

                                
      Growing Old.

As I grow old I smile and think,
How it all passes in what seems a wink.
The ups, the downs, the laughter and the tears,
Continue to happen despite the years.

Maturity advances and the lessons prevail,
Live life fully, before the body goes stale.
What mattered before, now petty and small,
Life’s serious challenges, at this point, stand tall.

Letting go of the dreams is the hardest part,
It’s like sticking a knife right into your heart.
But the time comes, when enough is enough,
To age gracefully, one has to be tough.

By watching the elderly from day to day,
I can’t help wondering if I’ll be that way?
A profound respect I have come to feel,
Getting old is indeed, an enormous deal!

But let’s end on a happy line,
Let’s make it to a healthy ninety-nine.
Because the alternative I’m not ready for,
Give me life… I want more, more and more!

2 comentários:

  1. É... Deixar de lado os sonhos realmente é difícil... Ms, deixamos os sonhos da juventude. Porém, abraçamos os reais momentos com os quais a vida ainda nos presenteia...
    Lindo!
    Bjs. ;o)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Obrigado Jana...Pois é, a vida continua bombando inerente da idade...q maravilha né?

    ResponderExcluir