sábado, 15 de outubro de 2011

Trying to write a poem

Trying to write a poem.

Here I sit trying to make sense of my feelings.
They are such tender and emotional dealings.
I wish I could write what I really want to say,
But inspiration has gone – well, at least for today!

Maybe endeavouring to express myself in a song?
But I have no talent…it would sound all wrong.
A poem is what it’s turning out to be.
A poem which makes no sense to you or to me.
I am putting pen to paper to write,
Senseless words about an inward fight.
A poem with no love, no fairies and nothing witty,
And nothing about up-lifting values or a beautiful city.
I don’t want to write about sadness and tears.
The world is saturated with despair and fears.
So as the beautiful thoughts don’t come,
I’ll just have to sit here and suck my thumb!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário