quinta-feira, 10 de maio de 2012

Family relationships.



Delicate.

A delicate relationship that’s what this poem is about,
Between mothers and daughters – there’s no doubt!
Each generation increases problematic demands,
Despite Women’s Liberation and new social commands.
This knot between unconditional love and hate,
Goes on and on through the years until it’s too late.
The physicological games that are played and won,
Are full of emotional blackmail,guilt - and never fun!
The mother tries holding fast to her false sense of control,
While the daughter pretends submission, which costs her, her very soul.
I ask myself why the ties are normally so different between mother and son?
They seem to have very few difficulties – practically none!
Of course, not every mother/daughter relationship has this fate,
Especially when either mother or daughter are in a spiritual state.

I do love my mother, but it’s hard at times,
to overlook the human fragility and our existential crimes.
Remembering that the future look to us to break the chain,
Daughters of the world – PATIENCE – let’s try to not let love wane.

I realize that this poem is a very personal point of view. The most difficult realtionships are normally with those whom we love most. I am still learning how to become a better daughter, both in relation to my mother and to myself. I know that my destiny and biggest challenge in life, is to learn to love and accept my own mother just as she is, without expecting anything back in return. Easier said than done, because deep down we all have a necessity to loved by the one who gave us life!

2 comentários:

  1. Querida Jane, como sempre: sensibilidade à flor da pela... Lindo e real! Vivo as duas facetas: sou filha, e sou mãe de um filho. Concordo q "a coisa" flui diferente... Ms, o q nos consola, é q td contribui para nosso aprendizado nessa escola, q é a vida. Um lindo dia para vc! Bjs.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. É mesmo Jana, tudo faz parte do motivo de estar aqui....APRENDER! Vou tentando, mas as vezes sou meio lenta...!!!!! Obrigada por tudo sempre, bjsss...

    ResponderExcluir