quinta-feira, 8 de setembro de 2011

The First Poem I Ever Published

                                                    Modern Technology.
           
                         For those of us without the big things in life,
                         Family, kids, husband or wife.
                         In order to keep from getting bitter,
                         Nowdays, spend hour upon hour on Twitter,
                         Google, Youtube, Facebook and emails,
                         Relationship sites...boy, could I tell you some tales!
                         What ordinary folk are capable of doing...
                         In front of a webcam, is liable for suing!
                         Although nothing at this stage should surprise,
                         I am still shocked at what people devise!
                         Just when I think I've seen it all,
                         Something pops up on my screen to appall!
                         Modern technology is all good and well,
                         Or was that a tale that my technician did tell?
                         Now who am I to advise?
                         But for those of you who are wise,
                         Get yourself off the chair,
                         And into the fresh-air.
                         Life is better off the screen,
                         More real, more serene.
                         Technology can also be strain and strife,
                         So go outside and get a life!
                         
                

Um comentário: